Friday, July 25, 2008

TGIF!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

I know I said the blogs would be minimal, but my cousin Connor is just too cute not to photograph and record video! See below for some examples!

But first...today was another mellow day. I know it seems like I've been on vacation for 3 weeks, but the trip wasn't really a vacation for me. It was tons of fun, but it was hard work too. So now I finally get to sleep in and veg on the couch if I want to, thanks to my very generous hosts, Billy and Tiahna! And don't worry, I'm not alone all day when I'm vegging, I've got lots of friends: KC, Sunny, and Sammy (their 3 cats), and my new pal Dylan! He's not much of a conversationalist, but he's a great listener!

Today, I actually got off the couch to go have lunch with Tiahna at good ole Cracker Barrel and have some girl time, which was nice.

Then I went to see the new X-Files movie, which I was somewhat disappointed with to be honest. I like the UFO, supernatural, unexplained aspects of the X-Files mythology and this movie was much more about explainable science and what was more like a strange, but plausible FBI case as opposed to the usual, crazy, pretty out there X-Files cases from the series and first movie. There were some fairly decent moments between Mulder and Scully which was nice to see since I really liked their on-screen chemistry, but other than that, I was bummed and disappointed. Oh well, I had to see it for myself and now I have.

After the movie, I headed over to Dick and Terrie's, my adopted McDowell relatives, for some refreshing Coca Cola and good conversation. They always have the best stories! I hope I meet as many interesting people in my life as they've known. They should really write a book about it all, I'd buy it!

And finally, I went home to have some Connor time! We played and giggled and had lots of fun! We're clearly BFFs!

When it was time to settle down for the night, Billy and Connor had some quality father/son time vegging on the couch and watching some TV.

Then it was nite nite time!

1 comment:

ruthie@lodisnet.com said...

Yikes, my first blog and I screwed it up. Now I think I am posting twice or not at all. We will see.
I am glad you are having so much fun on your dreamquest. Billy,Tiahna, and Connor seem to be treating you in appropriate luxury.
Have you thouht about a visit up this way. Not to tempt you TOO much but next Saturday is the Allegan County Fair Demolition Derby AND the Fennville annual Goosefest. We can also pick apples. You can't get more wholesome american fun than that.
If you got my first blog this is duplicious, if you didn't then this is too short. Either way, I'm done.
Don't fret the job thing, we will be working for the next 70 years as the medicare , medicaid, and social securtiy are sucked up by our aging parents and their dear friends and the economy tanks. So carpe diem!!!!! These ARE the salad days so TOSS IT UP.
Your midwest cousin,
Ruth and R3